Friday, May 23, 2014

Flashback Friday - N'dras Tau Pt. 4 - The Grunts



 Hey everyone!

Welcome to Flashback Friday, where I revisit old armies I have painted from the past.  I have painted thousands of models and who knows how many huge armies on commission, and each one holds a special place in my heart. I enjoy looking back every once in a while at the photos and remembering the joys and struggles, the hard work and the pure enjoyment of making someone's vision a reality. But enough of that emotional stuff, let's get on with it!






This week, I am showing one part of an army that actually isn't that old, but I already do miss it quite a lot!  This is an N'dras sept Tau army, and a large one at that.  I was, and still am, very proud of this army because the customer gave me free artistic licence for the scheme and he was very happy with the end result.  I had always thought this scheme looked sharp, and I knew this sort of borderline monochromatic scheme was right up his alley.  So I went with it!  Let's see the final results. 


This week, it's all the Fire Warriors and Pathfinders in the army.  And there are a lot of them!  Holed up behind the Tau themed Aegis line, they stand ready to delete anything that happens to come up on it.








I really like the newer pathfinder models.  They aren't so different that they don't look right mixed in with perfectly matching out of print casts, and I always enjoy painting models that have a contrast of hard lined armor and soft organic shapes as well, in this case the billowy pants.



Now the Fire Warriors!  For these units I used the white accent color to pick out the Shas instead of the blue I used on the suit leaders.  On these smaller, more numerous units the blue would get lost, while the white overpowering on the larger suit heads.








That's it for this week!  Check in next Friday for more trips down memory lane. Always feel free to follow on twitter or facebook if you prefer.  Thanks for reading!