Thursday, October 17, 2024

Something Old, Something New - 40k Backdrop Part 1

Hello out there!

A new side project underway. Some of you might recognize the bones of it.  While I lost all of my backdrops in the fire, one thing learned the past few years is everything has a silver lining. If you are willing to look. Was quite full up in my little sentimental space. At the time I had not needed a new one for a while, and have since been working on new and better. There was one though that was extra special, and want to redo it. At least in basic form and spirit.  Hopefully better.  The Mars display I did not use often but it was always the one that never got "put up." I worked on designing it with a friend, and spent one very special, flurried week painting it.

Alex at Ironheart Artisans redid the skeleton, with a few little tweaks, and I have it here ready for paint.  A few things different.  For one, painting it in parts this time, not solid.  What you see is all loose, and eventually as the walls and floor get painted more terrain will be added and lock it all in.

The paint scheme will be much different as well.  The only thing really the same are the basics.  I think for the better, and a little extra special to not just have it back, but one-up it.

Updates and the usual paint posts will come.  This won't be used for the current Tau project, but it will be coming along to Adepticon.  That's right, I need as much as I can to fill the big booth I have this year so need to get to work!

See you soon for more.