Friday, January 10, 2014

Flashback Friday - Neon 'Nids

Hey everyone!

Welcome to Flashback Friday, where I revisit old armies I have painted from the past.  I have painted thousands of models and who knows how many huge armies on commission, and each one holds a special place in my heart. I enjoy looking back every once in a while at the photos and remembering the joys and struggles, the hard work and the pure enjoyment of making someone's vision a reality. But enough of that emotional stuff, let's get on with it!




This time I have for you some bright green and cream Tyranids.  With the new book on the horizon it seemed a good time to dust off some old Tyranid images for this week's article.  Enjoy!




The HQ of this army is made up of two Hive Tyrants - one traditional Games Workshop and the other the Forge World variant.  All bases by Dragon Forge Design.



The Trygon is still an awesome model and for me a must have in terms of looks for any collection.  This is one of those models where I was pleased with all of it from a painter's perspective, and it is well designed.






Many a Carnifex (because Carnifexes just sounds off) with many different weapon options.  I remember really liking the extended carapace.








Tons of medium sized bugs in this army as well, again with many options.  The customer wanted a wide variety of options across the board to choose from for list making.

With the new book coming out we will surely see a lot of new Tyranid options and models.  I am looking forward to potentially further expanding this army with whatever new critters are released.

Hope you enjoyed my walk down memory lane.  Keep up with my latest work on Facebook if you like!