Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Adepticon 2014 Part 4 - Taking Shape



Hey all!

I have made a lot of progress the past two days.  Enough that I feel somewhat more comfortable with the time left.  It is possible!  Let's start with the progress I have made on the egg.





Wheels added. 


This is the average dip into the putty buckets...

  




Progression on the skull.  The eye sockets are the last major rework needed.


Giger cords.



Beginning the structure on the stem.


Larger ribs in the back.



On to the throne, which is easier to move from spot to spot on.  It does not require massive sections to dry before touching it whatsoever like the egg does.


Modelling on the army has started.  Tzeentch BSB on demonic mount.  It's officially a GMM army!


$400 model, no pressure.


Pre-hacks.



Ideally I want a 50x100.  But that isn't going to happen, so I am shooting for a 100x75.


The start to a perch.


I add trim around the seat and block in major portions of the back.  Most of this material will be subtracted as I go along.



Perch continues to take shape.  CSM for scale.


A walkway along the neck of the skellington.




A very complicated chunk to take out.  I just wasn't happy with this side of the chair.




Perfect!


Added arch supports to the walkway.




Filled gaps, added structure to the new building, and generally used leftover putty to add some form to the mountain.  It's starting to come together.  I would say it's roughly 50% formed out over the back of the chair.

That's it for this time, I will have more updates soon.  I will be doing the inside of the egg and the modelling on the armies as these wrap up.  Thanks for reading!