Friday, February 14, 2014

Flashback Friday - Death Korps SeaBees "Breach This!" - Part 1



 Hey everyone!

Welcome to Flashback Friday, where I revisit old armies I have painted from the past.  I have painted thousands of models and who knows how many huge armies on commission, and each one holds a special place in my heart. I enjoy looking back every once in a while at the photos and remembering the joys and struggles, the hard work and the pure enjoyment of making someone's vision a reality. But enough of that emotional stuff, let's get on with it!




This time around I have for you a two parter.  Sometimes for budget reasons, people need to split their army up.  I always advise for matching reasons, to do the infantry in one batch, and the vehicles in another, and that is exactly what the customer and I did here.  This first part is the whole of the infantry of this army.





This army is the Death Korps K-MEU SeaBees, named "Breach This!"  The customer has a ton of backstory for this army, and is in the Navy himself.  To summarize, this is an engineer regiment that would be given a specific target whether a beach, building, or barricade.






Lots of command options for this army, from Harker to a mounted HQ and traditional squads.





The customer favored the "at ease" line, and in this case I think it was a good choice. All bases by Dragon Forge Design.








Engineers, and lots of them!  Seems only fitting, and shotguns are always fun to play with.

Next time - the vehicles!  Scratch built APCs and lots of Forge World. Hope you enjoyed my walk down memory lane.  Keep up with my latest work on Facebook if you like!