Friday, April 11, 2014

Flashback Friday - 501st Krieg Naval Reserve Pt. 1





 Hey everyone!

Welcome to Flashback Friday, where I revisit old armies I have painted from the past.  I have painted thousands of models and who knows how many huge armies on commission, and each one holds a special place in my heart. I enjoy looking back every once in a while at the photos and remembering the joys and struggles, the hard work and the pure enjoyment of making someone's vision a reality. But enough of that emotional stuff, let's get on with it!







This week, it's part one of a large Krieg force.  This army is actually pretty old and my first time using weathering on a vehicle, but it still holds up pretty well!








All Forge World on the Russes, even commanders.  The hull kits are really nice and make a big difference.











And to round it out - a whole lot of Chimeras to go with the infantry.  I like to use realistic numbering on the hulls to go with a unit, so one can mark it on a sheet if it is deployed or not.































That's it for this week!  Check in next Friday for more trips down memory lane. Always feel free to follow on twitter or facebook if you prefer.  Thanks for reading!