Friday, May 16, 2014

Flashback Friday - N'dras Tau Pt. 3 - Suit Up!



 


Hey everyone!

Welcome to Flashback Friday, where I revisit old armies I have painted from the past.  I have painted thousands of models and who knows how many huge armies on commission, and each one holds a special place in my heart. I enjoy looking back every once in a while at the photos and remembering the joys and struggles, the hard work and the pure enjoyment of making someone's vision a reality. But enough of that emotional stuff, let's get on with it!









This week, I am showing one part of an army that actually isn't that old, but I already do miss it quite a lot!  This is an N'dras sept Tau army, and a large one at that.  I was, and still am, very proud of this army because the customer gave me free artistic licence for the scheme and he was very happy with the end result.  I had always thought this scheme looked sharp, and I knew this sort of borderline monochromatic scheme was right up his alley.  So I went with it!  Let's see the final results. 


This week I am covering the Crisis suits, both Forge World and traditional GW variety.Let's start with Forge World!



These are the twin Burst Cannon variety.  Fiddly, but worth it.  The customer requested the regular 40mm bases rather than 60mm, so these are legal for use as counts-as Crisis.




Fusion Cascade variety.  Again, being used as counts as, so these are twin fusion.




XV9 with Phased Ion guns.  Very large weapons that make it easy to add drama to the posing.


Now onto the traditional GW plastic suits, we have a unit of all twin flamer.  Watch out Orks!





And again, another trio this time with Plasma and a Fusion Shas 'O.





And finally, pure Plasma/Missile suits.




That's it for this week!  Check in next Friday for more trips down memory lane. Always feel free to follow on twitter or facebook if you prefer.  Thanks for reading!